Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3 pounds fresh new potatoes
- 1 pound gluten-free bacon
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free dry mustard (see tips)
- 1 teaspoon dried, crushed tarragon leaves
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1/4 cup tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. When cool crumble.
- Slice unpeeled potatoes 1/4-inch thick and boil just until tender, but not soft, about 15 minutes. Drain. While potatoes are boiling, cut green beans into 2-inch pieces and steam for about 7 minutes, or just until tender.
- Place cooked potatoes, green beans, sliced green onions and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl combine light olive oil, gluten-free chicken broth, tarragon vinegar, minced garlic, dried tarragon, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined. Pour dressing over vegetables and use a large spatula to gently coat vegetables. Add crumbled bacon and gently combine.
- Serve immediately at room temperature or chill.
Tip: If you can't find dry gluten-free dry mustard you can make your own by grinding 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of mustard seeds in a clean coffee bean grinder.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.