Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons potato starch OR sweet rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk OR cream OR dairy free milk substitute (I use organic light coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 cups Muir Glen brand Organic Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat light olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add amaranth flour and whisk until smooth and bubbly.
- Add pizza sauce and whisk until blended and smooth.
- Add milk or dairy free substitute, honey and water and continue to whisk until soup mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Makes about 3 1/2 cups of soup.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.