Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 large, peeled and cubed baking potatoes
- 1 finely sliced, washed leek
- 3 finely minced cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter OR olive oil
- 3 tablespoons amaranth flour
- 1 quart gluten free chicken stock
- 1 cup milk OR half and half OR light coconut milk
- 2-3 teaspoons dried, crushed thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the cubed potatoes just until tender but not over-cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add amaranth flour and whisk until the mixture forms a paste. Continue to whisk until the mixture is bubbly and thick, about two minutes.
- Add leeks and garlic and cook for two minutes. Stir to prevent burning.
- Add the drained potatoes!
- Slowly add chicken broth and whisk to mix.
- Add milk and stir to blend. Add seasonings and simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Makes about 2 quarts
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.