Serve healthy gluten-free walnut pesto on gluten-free pasta, grilled fish and poultry or use as a delicious dip for gluten-free bread sticks, focaccia and veggies.
Store fresh walnut pesto in a jar in the refrigerator for one week or in a freezer safe container for 3 months.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: About 2 cups
- 1 cup toasted walnut pieces (toast on a baking sheet in a 375°F oven just until they start to brown, about 5 to 10 minutes - you can toast the walnuts ahead of time and refrigerate)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup walnut oil (if you don't have walnut oil you can substitute with olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. Store refrigerated in a container with a tight fitting lid for one week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.