Believe it or not, soy sauce is commonly made with wheat. Some of the most popular brands of soy sauce as well as teriyaki dipping sauces served in restaurants contain gluten.
Our recipe for gluten-free teriyaki sauce is easy to make. Use it in your favorite oriental dishes, dipping sauces and marinades for grilled meats, poultry and fish. We really like dipping gluten-free chicken wings and drummies in this delicious sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: About 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup gluten-free soy sauce (suggested product links below)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, not salt
- Suggested gluten-free soy sauces include San-J Organic Gluten and Wheat Free Tamari Soy Sauce and Eden Organic Soy Sauce. Learn more about gluten-free soy sauce.
Store in the refrigerator, preferably in a glass jar.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.