Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 12-inch parbaked gluten-free pizza crusts (recipe below)
- 1 cup good quality gluten-free pizza sauce (see tips)
- 2 thinly sliced medium Roma tomatoes, remove seeds and blot slices with a paper towel
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, cut in thin strips
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- Divide ingredients evenly between the two pizza crusts.
- Ladle sauce over crusts, add pesto and spread evenly over crusts with a spoon.
- Place sliced tomatoes and strips of fresh basil over sauces.
- Add sliced cheese, parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake on a cookie cooling rack or a preheated pizza stone for 7-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden.
Recipe for Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
Tip- Pizza sauce used in this recipe:
Muir Glen Organic Pizza Sauce
Yield- Approximately 4 servings
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.