Everyone loves Chex-style snack mixes. Our holiday blend is a twist on the original recipe. Poultry seasoning, dried cranberries and crisp gluten-free crackers add just the right holiday flavor in this fast and easy gluten-free snack mix recipe.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: About 12 cups snack mix
- 1/2 cup butter PLUS 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free worcestershire sauce (Lea and Perrins [made in USA] used)
- 2 or 3 teaspoons gluten-free poultry herb seasoning to your taste
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free seasoned salt (Herbamare brand seasoning used in recipe)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 7 cups gluten-free Chex Mix cereal (rice and / or corn)
- 4 ounces gluten-free crackers, break into bite sizes if crackers are large (use your favorite brand)
- 2 cups roasted cashews (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 300° F / 149° C
Place butter in large roasting pan. Melt in oven as it preheats. Remove and add olive oil, poultry seasoning, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir to blend. Add Chex gluten-free cereal, crackers, nuts and dried cranberries.
Use a large spoon or spatula to thoroughly coat ingredients. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to ensure even baking.
Cool and store in airtight container until ready to serve.
Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.