The Bottom Line
If you are trying to improve the texture of your gluten free baked goods, and who isn't(!), Authentic Foods® Superfine Brown Rice Flour will reduce the grittiness of your flour blends, muffins, cookies, cakes and pie crusts.
- Less gritty than other gluten free brown rice flours
- Brown rice contains more nutrients than white rice
- Product is manufactured in a dedicated, gluten free facility
- Product is Certified Kosher
- Superfine Brown Rice Flour is made from 100% California-grown brown rice
- When ordering online, shipping and handling charges can cost more than the product
- Authentic Foods® superfine brown rice flour is stone-milled from medium-grain rice grown in California
- Product contains 7% protein, 70% carbohydrates, 2% fat and 5% dietary fiber
- Higher protein, fiber, mineral and vitamin content compared to white rice
- Sold in a 3 pound foil bag, although the Authentic Foods® website product description lists a 3.5 pound bag.
- Manufacturer suggests a shelf-life of 6 to 9 months for this product. Refrigerator or freeze to prevent rancidity.
- Product can be ordered from the manufacturer's website with volume discounts from 5% - 12%
Guide Review - Product Review of Authentic Foods ® Superfine Brown Rice Flour
According to the manufacturer, Superfine Brown Rice Flour is stone-milled from U.S. #1 California medium-grain rice, "the best grain size for gluten-free baking," and it has a recommended shelf-life of 6 to 9 months.
You can use Superfine Brown Rice Flour as a substitute for white rice flour in most recipes to improve the nutritional quality of your gluten free diet. Brown rice flour in general has slightly more protein, twice the fiber, three times the total folate, almost four times the magnesium and about 5 times the amount of iron as white rice flour when compared on the USDA Standard Reference Database.
Check the Authentic Foods Retail Store Locator to find a retail store near you that carries this product. When purchasing online, check out several websites- product and shipping costs vary. Several websites charge almost as much as the cost of the product in shipping and handling fees. Quantity discounts are available at the Authentic Foods® website. You might consider consolidating an order with gluten free friends or family members to save money.
Authentic Foods® Homepage