Be sure to read Lunchbox and Lunch Bag Safety from Kevin Weeks, our About.com Guide to Culinary Arts.
1. Sandwiches, Wraps and Pizza!
Gluten-free sandwiches, wraps and pizza slices are easy to make and to pack in school lunchboxes and bags. Use your favorite gluten-free breads to make sandwiches with gluten-free deli meats, nut butters and delicious chicken and turkey salad sandwiches. It's amazing just how many vegetables you can disguise in chicken salad spread!
Gluten-Free School Lunch Sandwich, Wrap and Pizza Recipes
- Build a healthier gluten-free peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Gluten-Free Sandwich Filling Recipe,
- Gluten-Free Turkey Crêpe Wraps
- High Protein GFCF Bread (a nice sandwich bread for kids who need to avoid gluten and dairy.
- Waldorf Chicken Salad Sandwich Spread
- Crunchy Chicken Salad Sandwich Spread
- Gluten-Free Cheese Pizza
2. Soups and Salads
School Lunch Soup and Salad Recipes
- Navy Bean Soup with Corned Beef
- Gluten-Free Matzoh Ball Soup
- Gluten-Free Potato Leek Soup
- 5 Cream of Vegetable Soup Recipes
- Potato Salad with Green Beans (No Mayo!)
- Honeyed Fruit Salad
- Spinach Salad with GF French Salad Dressing
- Nectarine and Berry Fruit Salad
Make school lunch soups and salads really special- send along homemade gluten-free croutons and gluten-free cheese crackers!
3. Warm Entrees (Leftovers!)
Gluten-free leftover recipes
4. Small Sweets
Small School Lunch Treat Recipes
5. School Lunch Drink Recipes
Water, of course is a very healthy and easy drink to pack in school lunch boxes and bags. But when you want to send a high protein drink or a refreshing fruit drink try these kid-favorite drinks- they are much healthier and a lot more economical than commercial juice boxes and soft drinks.
6. More Nutritious Gluten-Free School Lunch Ideas
- Gluten-Free Muffins
- Make sandwiches with a delicious GF bun instead of bread
- Hard boiled eggs add protein and they're easy to pack
- Send crisp gluten-free tortilla chips with a container of gluten-free taco-seasoned ground beef
- Send finger-sized slices of delicious gluten-free banana bread