Consider this recipe for gluten-free white chocolate chip pecan cookies a more "grown-up" version of the original gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe, although most kids, at least those that like nuts will love this crunchy good cookie too.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 21 minutes
Yield: About 36 2-inch cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour (I used Gluten-Free Pantry All Purpose Baking Flour with added guar gum (See Cook's Note)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free sweet rice flour OR an additional 2 tablespoons of gluten-free all purpose flour used in recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup gluten-free white chocolate chips (Ghirardelli used in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Cook's Note - If the gluten-free flour blend you use does not contain added xanthan gum or guar gum, ADD 1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum or guar gum to the dry ingredients for best results
Preheat oven to 375° F / 190° C
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone pads or lightly grease.
Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on high until light and fluffy. Add butter and beat on high until combined. Add vanilla extract and beat briefly. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips and pecans.
Ue a rounded tablespoon to scoop cookie dough and briefly roll in hands to make a round ball. Place cookie balls about 2 inches apart on large baking sheets.
Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Cool on rack.
Store in an air tight container.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
Watch our video -- "How to Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Scones"