The Bottom Line
In Gluten-Free Throughout the Year - A Two Year, Month-to-Month Guide for Healthy Eating by Melissa Diane Smith, readers will find practical and easy-to-follow guidelines, tips and recipes for planning a gluten-free diet designed for good health.
With so many gluten-free junk food products available today, Melissa's tips for planning and eating naturally gluten-free nutritious foods, are more relevant than ever.
Melissa's previous books include Going Against the Grain and Syndrome X, a national bestseller which she co-authored with Jack Challem and Burton Berkson.
- Author focuses on eating naturally gluten-free healthy foods
- Learn how to avoid excess weight gain on a gluten-free diet
- 24 monthly tips that focus on eating and living a healthier gluten-free lifestyle
- Seasonal and holiday menu planning ideas with 30 gluten-free recipes
- Learn more about carbohydrate sensitivity and how it may affect people with gluten sensitivity
- Don't expect this to be a cookbook, even though it includes 30 healthly gluten-free recipes
- Gluten Free Throughout the Year - A Two Year, Month-to-Month Guide for Healthy Eating by Melissa Diane Smith, 2010, 168 pages
- 5 diet guidelines for improved health
- 24 chapters that each focus on a specific health aspect of the gluten-free diet
- A discussion about testing methods used to identify gluten sensitivity and carbohydrate sensitivity
- Substitutions for common wheat-based foods and a resource appendix
- Sample seasonal and holiday menu plans and 30 naturally gluten-free whole food recipes
Guide Review - Review of "Gluten Free Throughout the Year" by Melissa Diane Smith
If you are concerned about the nutritional quality of your gluten-free diet or you're responsible for planning a nutritious gluten-free diet for your growing child, read Gluten Free Throughout the Year - A Month-by-Month Guide for Healthy Eating by Melissa Diane Smith. Melissa's new book is a valuable resource that can help gluten-free eaters avoid the nutritional pitfalls of living gluten-free.
As a nutritionist, health educator and author, Melissa Diane Smith specializes in sugar-related health conditions, including pre-diabetes, diabetes, gluten sensitivity and Celiac disease. Her philosophy is that food is our best medicine. I agree!
As Melissa simply illustrates, if we learn to base our gluten-free diets on whole, unprocessed natural gluten-free foods instead of starchy, refined gluten-free junk foods, we have so much to gain. Better health!Topics Covered in Gluten-Free Throughout the Year:
- Eating naturally gluten-free, unprocessed foods
- Why you should avoid refined gluten-free flours, starches, sugars and fats
- How other food sensitivities including "carbohydrate sensitivity" can adversely affect your health
- Why non-starchy vegetables are a healthy alternative to a high-grain diet
- Heartier Breakfasts to Start Your Day
- Having Problems with Corn?
- Taking a Vacation from Cooking
- Cold and Flu Protection and Relief
- Getting Enough Fiber on a Gluten-Free Diet
- Making Your Own Fast Foods
- Against the Grain - Going Paleo
- Carrot Cake Power Bars
- Chicken and Strawberry Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing
- Cool Noodle Tabouli for One
- Melissa's Quick High-Fiber Muesli
- Pink Rice Pilaf with Roasted Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Savory Pecan Flatbread Rounds
- Shrimp-Spinach Artichoke Salad