The Bottom Line
If you like to cook from scratch, you'll love Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking by Kelli Bronski and Peter Bronski.
Kelli and Peter have compiled a delectable collection of, not only family-favorite everyday gluten-free recipes, this talented gluten-free duo offer up restaurant-quality and international gluten-free dishes as well. "General Chang's Chicken" and "Chinese Chicken Lettuce Cups" alone are worth admission to the healthy, home-cooked fare offered up in this, a cook's cookbook.
- Over 250 delicious homecooked gluten-free recipes
- Recipes call for simple, fresh ingredients and are easy to follow
- Even people not on gluten-free diets will find the recipes appealing and delicious
- Recipe collection includes popular international fare like authentic "Chicken Pad Thai"
- Original master "artisan gluten-free flour blend" recipe included
- 28 color photos of recipes - Who doesn't enjoy color photos accompanying each recipe?
- 247 pages including a "Gluten-Free Journey" introduction, notes on using the book, product recommendations and recipe index.
- Breakfasts and Breads - 19 recipes including Belgian waffles, cinnamon rolls and onion, pepper and cheddar frittata
- Appetizers - 20 recipes including Bruschetta, mozzarella sticks and Chinese chicken lettuce wraps.
- Soups and Salads - 15 recipes including roasted winter vegetable soup, New England clam chowder and Bok Choy salad.
- Sides - 21 recipes including Sushi rice, Yuca tostones and corn bread stuffing.
- Entrees - 61 recipes including deep dish and thin crust gluten-free pizza, sweet and sour chicken and barbecue pulled pork.
- Desserts - 42 recipes including pumpkin cheesecake, almond cake, cinnamon sugar tortillas and magic bars.
- Drinks - 12 recipes including Mojitos, "Cupid's Arrow" and orange creamsicle smoothie.
Guide Review - Review of Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking by Kelli Bronski and Peter Bronski
If you like to cook from scratch, use fresh and healthy ingredients and serve gluten-free dishes that appeal to young and old, gluten-free or not, Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking may quickly become one of your favorite gluten-free cookbooks.
Kelli Bronski and Peter Bronski have compiled a delectable collection of, not only family-favorite everyday gluten-free recipes, this talented gluten-free duo offer up restaurant-quality and international gluten-free dishes as well.
A sample of recipes in Artisanal Gluten-Free Cooking:
- Blueberry muffins with streusel topping
- Gluten-free pancakes, crepes and French toast
- Crab cakes, guacamole, shrimp and veggie tempura
- Tomato soup, German potato salad, grilled fajita veggies, polenta and mashed potatoes
- Meat lovers' lasagna, turkey burgers, meatloaf
- Apple pie and strawberry shortcake
- Belgian waffles (Peter has Belgian roots)
- Caribbean rice
- Pork tamales
- Asian-inspired noodle bowl
- Thai coconut cilantro chicken
- General Chang's chicken
- Carbonnade (Flemish beer roast!)
- Speculaas cookies