Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: About 1 cup of frosting
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening (I used Spectrum brand organic vegetable shortening)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten-free powdered cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons canned coconut milk OR your favorite dairy-free milk substitute
- 2 tablespoons natural pomegranate juice (add more, 1 teaspoon at a time if needed for a creamy, spreadable consistency)
- Cook's Note - I used POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice in this reicpe
Place vegetable shortening and salt in a medium mixing bowl and use an electric mixer to cream. Add sugar and milk substitute and pomegranate juice and whip on high just until the frosting is smooth and creamy. If frosting is too stiff, gradually add more pomegranate juice, 1 teaspoon at a time.
For a professional look, use a pastry tip on a pastry bag to pipe frosting on cupcakes. I used a Wilton disposable pastry bag with the 1M pastry tip. Fast and so easy!
Yield - About 1 cup of frosting, enough to frost 12 regular size cupcakes)
Use this frosting to make GFCF Chocolate Cupcakes
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.