Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch OR cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum OR xanthan gum
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk OR your favorite dairy-free milk substitute
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light olive oil OR canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pastel colored decorating sugar for sprinkling (optional)
Line 12 cupcake tins with paper cups
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Add wet ingredients and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Fill paper cupcake liners two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before frosting cupcakes.
Optional, sprinkle with pastel decorating sugar.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.