Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups all purpose gluten-free flour mix (recipe link below OR use your favorite GF AP mix))
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder or dairy free substitute (I used Vance's DariFree™)
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin OR vegan agar agar powder (not flakes)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons egg substitute
- 1 package (2 1/2 teaspoons) active dry Baker's Yeast (not QuickRise or Bread Machine yeast)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups water or plain club soda, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch bread loaf pan and dust lightly with sweet rice flour.
Whisk the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl until thoroughly blended.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of your stand mixer, blend eggs, butter, vinegar and honey.
Add 1 cup of water to egg mixture.
Using your mixer (either hand held or stand mixer) start to slowly add dry ingredients and continue to mix.
Add remaining water slowly and the rest of the dry ingredients until you have a batter the consistency of thick cake batter.
Mix this batter at high speed for 4 to 5 minutes.
Dip a rubber or silicone spatula in water and scrape the bread batter into prepared pan. Smooth out the top.
Cover and let rise in a warm draft free location for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Tent with foil after baking for 10 to 15 minutes to prevent over browning of crust.
- Remove immediately from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Recipe for Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Mix
Tip: I have used a lidded "Pullman" pan to make this sandwich bread. It isn't essential, but does create a beautiful crust and good texture. Here's a source for a 9x4x4 Pullman bread pan. If you do use this pan, check the bread at about 50 minutes for doneness.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.