A fast and easy gluten free cornbread recipe. Fresh blueberries and chili add a sweet and spicy zip.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 package gluten free cornbread mix (I used Gluten Free Pantry's Yankee Cornbread-Muffin Mix)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups water OR buttermilk OR any dairy free milk
- 1/4 Cup light olive oil OR canola oil
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries
- 1 small can green chilis (if you like it hot, use 1/2 can of jalapenos
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- Pour the cornbread mix in a medium size bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and add to the mix.
- Add the water or milk and oil. Stir until smooth.
- Add blueberries and chiles and stir to mix.
- Pour into a lightly greased loaf pan or 8x8 cake pan.
- Put cheese slices on top of batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until done.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.