Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup milk OR dairy-free substitute (I used hemp milk in this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crumbled thyme (optional)
- 1/2 cup light buckwheat flour
- Place flour, salt and thyme in a medium-size mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, milk OR dairy substitute and olive oil and whisk until the mixture is a smooth batter, slightly thinner than pancake batter.
- Heat a low-sided 8-inch skillet or crêpe pan over medium high heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon oil to the skillet and brush to coat the bottom of the skillet. (Do this before making each crêpe).
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the heated skillet. Swirl the skillet until the entire bottom of the pan is covered with batter.
- Cook the crepe for about 1 minute- the crepe should be barely moist on top. Use a thin spatula to loosen the edges of the crêpe, slide the spatula under the crêpe and gently flip it upside down. Cook for about one more minute, just until golden and transfer crêpe to a cooling rack or plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Yield - About 8 8-inch crêpes
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.