Gluten-Free Rigatoni with Sausage Sauce is a rich yet simple recipe. The sauce is an Italian classic made with butter, cream, white wine, sweet, mild Italian sausage and Parmesan cheese. Delicious!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 pound gluten-free corn rigatoni or penne pasta (like Sam Mills Pasta d'oro)
- 1/2 pound mild sweet, gluten-free Italian sausage
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup heavy cream OR half-and-half
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/16 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- While pasta is cooking, brown sausage.
- Add butter, cream and white wine to browned sausage and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cooked, drained rigatoni to sausage sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and nutmeg(optional). Stir to mix and serve.