Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour mix (use your favorite mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Italian herb seasoning blend OR gluten-free garlic powder
- 1 large egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil, whisked together
- 1 cup crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal OR gluten-free panko crumbs OR crushed gluten-free crackers (see tips)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil for pan-frying
- 1/4 cup canola oil for pan-frying
- Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.
- Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Then cut each strip into 2x2-inch nuggets.
- Have ready 3 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.
- In second dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In third dish, combine crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in egg olive oil mixture and last, evenly coat with rice chex crumb Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.
- Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.
Yield- 4 to 6 servings
Recipe for Gluten-Free Panko-Style Rice Chex Crumbs
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.