Serve this colorful, healthy Asian gluten free pasta dish as a light entree or as a side dish. The peanut sauce is made with gluten-free organic Tamari sauce which has a more delicate flavor than regular GF soy sauces.
This recipe makes a large quantity and serves approximately 12 people - perfect for a party. The original recipe appears in Celebrated Seasons - A Cookbook by the Junior League of Minneapolis.
Cook's Note - Regarding the reviewer comments on the GF soy sauce / sesame oil content of this recipe, each serving contains 1 ounce of soy sauce (2 tablespoons) and 1/2 ounce of sesame oil (1 tablespoon.)
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 47 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups organic gluten-free Tamari sauce OR low sodium GF Tamari sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil (not toasted)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup creamy or crunchy Valencia peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes OR to taste
- 4 cups julienne sliced carrots (1/4 x 2 inch strips)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 pound gluten-free rice spaghetti noodles (I used Tinkyáda® brand organic brown rice spaghetti)
- 2 cups fresh snow peas or snap peas, strings removed
- Combine gluten-free Tamari sauce, sesame oils, sugar, ginger, rice wine vinegar, peanut butter and crushed red pepper flakes in a large bowl and whisk until ingredients are thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Cook gluten free rice spaghetti according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, shred cooked chicken and refrigerate until ready to assemble dish. When pasta is cooked, rinse, drain and lightly coat with sesame oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Julienne carrots, slice green onions and remove strings from snow peas or snap peas. Set aside.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add prepared vegetables, shredded chicken and pour sauce over all. Stir to coat thoroughly with sauce.
- Toast sesame seeds in a medium size, heavy skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Watch closely as sesame seeds burn easily. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over pasta. Use tongs to evenly distribute the seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours prior to serving or overnight.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.