Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/8 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Mix (Or, your favorite gluten-free all purpose flour mix)
- 1 tablespoon amaranth flour
- 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum OR xanthan gum
Butter an 8 x 8 glass baking dish
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Whisk to prevent burning. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Pour slightly cooled melted chocolate mixture into egg mixture. Stir to blend.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until all ingredients are blended.
- Fold in chopped walnuts. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
You can use 1/4 cup of your favorite Gf all purpose baking mix and cut the amaranth and brown rice flour if you like. I like amaranth and try to work it in any recipe I can!
Brownies will puff up and the top will crack slightly but settles as the brownies cool.
The original recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar.
Source of Original Recipe: Brownie Points by Dana Bowen, September 2008 Saveur, No. 113
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.