Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour (use your favorite blend or commercial mix)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum OR xanthan gum (If you are using a mix that contains xanthan or guar gum OMIT adding more gum)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter OR Spectrum All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (don't use presweetened canned pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/3 cup milk OR your favorite dairy free milk substitute (I used canned lite coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk OR dairy free milk substitute (I used canned lite coconut milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, silicone pads or lightly grease.
In a medium mixing bowl combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and guar OR xanthan gum (if your mix does NOT contain gum.) Whisk until thoroughly combined.
In a separate mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add molasses, egg and pumpkin puree and beat until combined.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Drop cookies by generous rounded teaspoons on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes in preheated oven.
While cookies are baking prepare glaze by whisking confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a medium bowl until smooth and glossy.
Cool cookies for 1-2 minutes. Spoon or brush glaze on cookies.
Yield- About 3 dozen cookies
For larger cookies drop cookies on prepared baking sheet by using a rounded tablespoon and bake an addition 2-3 minutes or until the cookies are done.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.