Make fast and easy homemade cocoa rice crispie bars, sandwich them with orange sherbet and you end up with an irresistible gluten free ice cream sandwich treat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 - 10 ounce box of gluten free brown rice crispie cereal
- 1 - 10 ounce bag of marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- Butter a large sheet pan (jelly roll) pan
- In a large pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Whisk in cocoa. Stir until thoroughly blended with butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir over low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in rice cereal and gently fold cereal with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour rice mixture into prepared pan. With buttered fingers press the mixture flat.
- Cut in 20 - 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Soften orange sherbet until it's easy to scoop. Place about 1/3 cup of orange sherbet on 10 rice crispie squares. Press another square on top and gently press down. Even edges of ice cream sandwich with your finger.
- Wrap ice cream sandwiches individually, place in a freezer bag and freeze until ready to serve.
Makes 10 - 2 1/2 inch ice cream sandwiches but make them as large or small as you like!
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.