More Gluten Free Holiday Cookie and Candy Recipes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 6 cups gluten free rice Chex cereal
- 12 ounces gluten free mixed nuts
- 6 ounces gluten free cashews
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup agave nectar OR honey OR corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix cereal and nuts in a large roasting pan. Stir to thoroughly distribute the nuts in the cereal.
- In a medium saucepan combine butter, sugar and agave nectar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Continue to cook another 3-5 minutes until the mixture reaches the "soft ball" stage. This is when you put a drop of the mixture in a small glass of cold water and it forms a soft ball.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Carefully pour the hot mixture over the cereal and nuts and gently stir to coat all dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow to cool.
- When cool, break the mixture into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.