This recipe is adapted from the recipe on the label of Solo brand Pure Almond Paste - Mrs. K's Famous Almond Macaroons.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 8-ounce cans gluten-free almond paste (see tips)
- 2 extra-large egg whites
- 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup superfine sugar (see tips)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 36 Marcona Spanish almonds (optional)
Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone pad
- Place almond paste in a food processor and pulse 3 times to break up the almond paste.
- Add sugar and pulse until combined.
- Add egg whites and extract (optional) and pulse until the mixture is combined.
- Make 1-inch balls from the sticky cookie dough and place about 2-inchs apart on lined baking sheets.
- Dip fingers in extra sugar and press the cookies into 2-inch rounds.
- Place a Marcona almond in the middle of each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until firm and just lightly browned. Turn off the oven and leave the cookies in the oven for another 5 minutes for a crunchy cookie. (Note- I turn off oven and leave cookies in for about 20 minutes for a real firm and crunchy cookie).
Yield- 36 2-inch cookies
To make homemade superfine sugar- place sugar in a clean coffe bean grinder and pulse 3 times.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.