If you are gluten and dairy-free follow the dairy-free substitutions in the recipe.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 Gluten-Free Buckwheat and Honey English Muffins - Recipe Link Below
- For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter OR light olive oil
- 4 tablespoons light buckwheat flour OR sweet rice flour
- 1 cup milk OR canned light coconut milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons melted butter OR light olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A dash of Frank's Hot Sauce OR Tabasco
- 8 poached eggs
- 8 slices thinly sliced gluten-free deli ham
Poach 8 eggs - See tips
Make the Hollandaise Sauce:
- Put 4 tablespoons of butter or dairy-free substitute in a heavy medium saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Whisk in gluten-free light buckwheat flour or sweet rice flour and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pan from heat. Whisk in milk or dairy-free substitute and return to medium heat. Continue to whisk until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove pan from heat and whisk in egg yolks, one at a time. Return pan to low heat.
- Whisk in melted butter, lemon juice and hot sauce. Remove pan from heat. Hollandaise shouldn't be "too" thick. If needed, thin with a few drops of hot water.
Assemble Eggs Benedict -
Slice 2 English muffins in half and toast in a toaster reserved for gluten-free breads only. While the toast is browning, place ham in a skillet and warm over low heat. Butter each English muffin, fold 2 slices of ham on each slice, top each muffin with 2 poached eggs. Spoon about 4 tablespoons of warm Hollandaise over each. Serve with additional buttered English muffins if desired.
Recipe for Gluten-Free Buckwheat and Honey English Muffins.
How to Poach an Egg - Step-By-Step Tutorial