Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup gluten-free buckwheat flour
- 1/4 gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk OR dairy free substitute (I use organic canned coconut milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter OR light olive oil
- Pour milk, eggs and melted butter OR olive oil into a blender pitcher. Pulse just until combined.
- In a small bowl mix gluten-free buckwheat flour, gluten-free all purpose flour mix and salt.
- Add to liquid in blender and pulse just until combined and smooth.
- Allow batter to rest for 2 hours. If you are pinched for time, make this recipe when you have time to give the batter a nice rest.
To Cook Crêpes- Heat a low-sided 8-inch skillet or crêpe pan over medium high heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon oil to the skillet and brush to coat the bottom of the skillet. (Do this before making each crêpe) Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the heated skillet. Swirl the skillet until the bottom of the pan is covered with batter. Cook the crepe for about 1 minute- the crepe should be barely moist on top. Use a thin spatula to loosen the edges of the crêpe, slide the spatula under the crêpe and gently flip it upside down. Cook for another minute, just until lightly browned and transfer crêpe to a cooling rack or plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Yield - 8 8-inch crêpes
- Batter can be made a day ahead of time and refrigerated for convenience.
- Use your favorite packaged all purpose gluten-free flour mix in this recipe or make your own gluten-free flour mix.
- Make crêpes ahead of time. Wrap each cooked crêpe individually in plastic wrap and place all in a freezer bag, label and freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw and warm in a 300 degree oven about 5 minutes before serving
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten