Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 can (14 ounces) organic canned light coconut milk OR your favorite dairy-free substitute
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 scoops vanilla egg white protein powder (see note)
- 2-3 tablespoons ice water
- Add coconut milk or liquid dairy-free substitute, strawberries, honey, protein powder and vanilla to a large blender pitcher. Pulse until smooth and well blended. Use a spatula to scrape down ingredients on the sides of the pitcher and add 1 or 2 additional tablespoons of water to thin if you like.
Note- Most health food stores carry 100% egg white protein powder. Read labels carefully to be sure you are buying a gluten and dairy free product. I used NOW brand egg white protein powder in this recipe.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.