Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups milk or your favorite milk substitute
- 1 package dry yeast granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups Gluten Free Pantry "Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix" OR your favorite all purpose gluten-free flour mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons GF vanilla extract
- Warm milk and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat just until the butter melts.
- When milk and butter are lukewarm (105°), add dry yeast and sugar to the milk and let sit until the yeast is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid into a large container with a tight fitting lid. (I use a 1 gallon pitcher).
- Add the salt and GF flour mix and stir with a whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Cover tightly and keep at room temperature overnight (don't refrigerate).
- When you are ready to cook the waffles, preheat waffle griddle, stir in the beaten eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of the batter on the griddle (or enough to cover the surface) and bake until golden.
- Store unused batter in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If batter runs over in the griddle add a small amount of GF flour mix to thicken the batter (1 tablespoons at a time).
This recipe can be made using a homemade gluten free flour mix. Add 1 teaspoon xanthan gum to the batter if you use a homemade mix.
Make 6-8 waffles
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.