Prep Time: 0 hour, 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Oil for Frying (Use an oil designed for high heat frying, preferably peanut or coconut oil)
- 2 pounds fresh fish fillets
- 1 cup all purpose gluten-free all purpose flour mix (I used Bob's Red Mill All Purpose GF Baking Mix)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon GF baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1 teaspoon GF garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon GF onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce bottle of gluten-free beer OR 12 ounces of club soda
- Combine cornstarch, gluten-free all purpose flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a large, plastic zip lock bag.
- Shake the bag to thoroughly mix the dry ingredients. Pour this mixture into a medium sized bowl.
- Add gluten-free beer or club soda and mix until the batter is smooth and not too thick or too thin. Add more liquid if the batter is too thick.
- Dip fish fillets in batter, making sure both sides are coated. Hold above the bowl to let excess batter drip off.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.