Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- One recipe of Gluten Free Rice Crispie Squares (Below)
- 1 pint of homemade ice cream OR a premium store-bought brand
- Prepare one recipe of Gluten Free Rice Crispie Squares.
- Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet instead of a 13x9 baking dish. Butter your hands or a large spatula and press the top of the mixture until it's smooth and even. Let set up for at least 1/2 hour before cutting.
- Remove one pint of homemade or premium ice cream from freezer and allow to soften for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut bars into 2 ½ inch squares. Put one small scoop of ice cream, about ¼ cup, on 10 rice crispie squares and top with another square. Gently push down on the top and smooth ice cream edges.
- Wrap in parchment or wax paper, and place all sandwiches in a freezer bag. Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
Tip: If you prefer larger sandwiches, cut rice crispie bars in 5 inch x 2 ½ inch rectangles.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.