Kids love this ghoulish looking Halloween party punch recipe. It's really a "bloody" good punch made with all-natural ingredients- a healthy alternative to soft drinks.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 quart fresh orange juice, not from concentrate
- 1 quart canned, unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 quart ginger ale (see tips)
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice concentrate (see tips)
- 12 thinly sliced cucumber rounds for garnish
- Mix orange juice and pineapple juice in a 1/2 gallon pitcher. Chill.
- When ready to serve, use clear glasses to see the "dripping blood" effect. Put ice cubes in glasses, then fill glasses 2/3rds full with juice. Add enough ginger ale to fill glasses.
- Garnish each glass will a round of cucumber.
- Use a small spoon to slowly drizzle 1 teaspoon of cranberry juice concentrate around the inside rim of each glass and watch the red "blood" drip down the inside of the glass.
I used Reed's brand "Ginger Beer"- a non-alcoholic, very flavorful ginger ale made with natural ingredients.
Look for cranberry concentrate at health food stores. It is very tart so don't add more than 1 teaspoon to each glass. It will settle in the bottom of the glass. Use straws to stir and watch the juice turn from orange to dark red.
Makes about 12 - 1 cup servings
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.