Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 6-8
- 2 cups fresh, halved grape tomatoes OR cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh chopped Bell pepper
- fresh, seeded, finely chopped jalapeno pepper - to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 finely minced clove garlic
- 1 14-ounce can drained, rinsed black beans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lime
- 1 teaspoon finely zested lime peel (optional)
Makes about 1 quart
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by my friend Pam Warnke, University of Minnesota.