Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: About 8 appetizer servings
- 1- 16 ounce bag of gluten-free blue corn chips OR your favorite GF tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can GF black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 diced orange OR red bell peppers
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced jalapeno peppers (optional)
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free taco seasoning mix (Recipe for homemade GF Taco Seasoning)
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup gluten free sour cream
- In a medium bowl mix black beans, orange peppers, red onions, green onions, garlic, lime juice and gluten free taco seasoning. Stir to thoroughly blend ingredients.
- Layer half of corn chips on a large oven-proof platter or sheet pan covered with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of shredded cheese and half of bean mixture.
- Add second layer of corn chips, 1/3 of cheese and bean mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/3 of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle nachos with minced cilantro.
- Stir lime zest into sour cream and serve with nachos.
Use Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning Recipe to season nacho bean mixture
Reminder; Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.