Use homemade gluten-free barbecue sauce in this delicious recipe for fall-off-the-bone tender chicken drummies. This is a fast and easy crockpot recipe, adapted for gluten-free cooks from a recipe by Linda Larsen, About.com Guide to Busy Cooks.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 20 minutes
- 3 pounds chicken drummies
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten-Free Barbecue Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free chili sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Broil for 12-15 minutes, turning the drummies several times for even browning. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- In a medium bowl mix gluten-free barbecue sauce, gluten-free chili sauce, honey, garlic and pepper until well blended.
- Place broiled drummies in a large crockpot and cover with BBQ sauce mixture.
- Set crockpot temperature to LOW, cover with lid and cook for 4-5 hours.
Recipe for Gluten-Free Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.