Everyday is a good day to think about the nutritional needs of gluten-free kids. Celiac disease and gluten-intolerance can cause a cascade of nutritional deficiencies.
This means when moms, dads and caregivers plan meals and snacks for gluten-free kids, we have to take special care to make sure our kids are getting all the nutrients they need to grow and thrive.
The comfort of finding a terrific new gluten-free cookie or snack food is fine as long as our kids are eating balanced diets with lots of fresh vegetables, fruits, healthy proteins, fats and water.
As another school year moves into gear, it's a great time to read up on the nutritional needs of our gluten-free kids!
- Gluten-Free Diets and Magnesium Deficiency
- The Importance of Iron for Growing Children
- Protein Content of Gluten-Free Grains
- USDA Nutritional Recommendations for Children
- Gluten-Free Breakfast Recipes for Kids
- Homemade Snack Recipes for Gluten-Free Kids
Image 2012 istockphotos